Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ilayaraja’s How to Name It


I'm right now listening to Maestro Ilayaraja's "How to Name It", an instrumental fusion album. Though I've listened to it a couple of times some years back, all the tracks are immensely soothing and are a real treat to listen to. My personal favourite is the track 'Do Anything' which was also used as a background score in the movie 'Veedu'.

This reminds me of another album that I need to catch up with. Sometime back, Ilayaraja had released his "Thiruvasagam in Symphony" album, a musical rendering of the epic Tamil verses. I hear that it has won numerous rave reviews. After “How to Name It”, I just cannot wait to lay my hands on this album. No, I'm not planning to download it. I'd rather buy a copy of the CD. Such classic works are hard to come by, so let’s do our little bit by making sure that all concerned get their due credit.

1 comment:

Kesari said...

Oh yes.. that reminds me, mulla used to play it all the time.. a real classic..