Monday, August 21, 2006

Taking it too far.. Pizza 'dhabha' Hut


Last week when I walked into a Pizza Hut outlet in Hyderabad Central, I was handed a queer looking menu.. Upon flipping it open, I was shocked for a second as to whether I was in a road-side dhabha on the national highway! An all-pink menu decorated with hindi words and coarse-looking pictures was definitely not palatable.. To add to it, items like seekh-kabhab pizza to what not, made it even worse.. I am certainly not against dhabha kind of food, but I'm against it being served in a place like Pizza Hut..


The multinationals are taking the concept of GLocalization just too far.. Anyone would drop into a McDonalds or a Pizza Hut for the westernized brand and the authentic food (ofcourse with a little Indianization).. However, this kind of far-fetched moves would dilute the brand's perception and worse, might not bring in the additional expected customers..

No comments: