Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Goodbye 2016 and Hello 2017


Its time to reflect back on the past year and set some broad goals for the one just begun. By comparing notes with a similar post I made around the same time last year,  here is my reflection:

  • 1. Done a decent job with execution by sticking to things planned at the start of the year.
  • 2. Spent time learning new things, primarily around data, analytics, design and technology. Feeds through feedly and other modes of reading I had setup for myself have proven to be effective. Though I couldn't hit my Goodreads challenge of 20 books, I think the learning has been good, and some of this catchup can be done in 2017.
  • 3. Maintained the rhythm of writing through the past year with 4 blog posts every month. There is an increasing intent to find time to write more and on varied interests, and hopefully that would happen this year, including the impending migration out of Blogger.
  • 4. I had called out self-organization and house-keeping stuff as areas to focus on. There has been some progress here and I've recently started logging my daily time to understand this better. With close to a 3 weeks of data, time-logs are proving to be quite helpful in this area and I intend to continue this for atleast a few months.
  • 5. Travel & Movies had taken a slight back-seat in the past year, and this is one such instance where the balancing act needs to improve.


Here's to a Happy, Healthy and Spirited 2017 for all!!


No comments: