Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Missing...!!

Here’s my first post from down South! I reached my Sis’ place at Salem yesterday. Salem is famous for mangoes, its proximity to Yercaud and also for its Steel plant. The whole of yesterday was dedicated to catching up with the happenings on both sides. Its another story that my mom was relieved to see me come back alone from Delhi, without any attachments!

The sudden atmosphere of calm, inactivity and the slow pace of life is already staring in my face. This has proven conclusively that those two years were a different era in another world altogether.

I’ll always miss waking up late and missing the ‘early morning’ hostel breakfasts
I’ll always miss running late to attend classes
I’ll always miss the lectures and conference chats in between the lectures
I’ll always miss sipping ‘Rocky’ chai and lazily chatting with buddies
I’ll always miss the gissu day-schis and their ghar-ka-khana
I’ll always miss making excuses to bird-watch at Satya whether be it Venky UG or South Campus PG
I’ll always miss the mail fights and moderators on yahoogroups
I’ll always miss the HUGE bandwidth of DU net and convenience of WiFi in the hostel and campus
I’ll always miss the ‘Ares’ movies and other educational material ;)
I’ll always miss rushing to form groups and catch the right ‘bakra’ for group work!
I’ll always miss making PPTs every other day presenting viewpoints in the class
I’ll always miss working against deadlines and submitting ‘management’ quality assignments
I’ll always miss gossiping about the campus happenings
I’ll always miss the privacy of my hostel room and its balcony view
I’ll always miss cooking chai and Maggi at midnight with borrowed stuff
I’ll always miss the sudden meetings and conferences in hostel
I’ll always miss bitching about the mess food and using the excuse to eat out
I’ll always miss the issues, counter-issues and counter-counter-issues
I’ll always miss NC and being their favourite counterparts
I’ll always miss bdays, bday bumps and cakes (and the way we devour them!)
I’ll always miss finishing off snacks and drinks in daru parties!
I’ll always miss the late night chai and chinkies at Moti Bagh
I’ll always miss hunting for materials during exam and ghissing to the core
I’ll always miss frequenting the GREAT GREAT eatouts in South Delhi
I’ll always miss those rare trips to gym and baddy court
I’ll always miss hogging on food at Supremes (don’t u agree Uncle n PC)
I’ll always miss ‘Malai Mandir’ and all things Tamil at Munirka
I’ll always miss lounging about in Aravalli

Hmm.. Have I missed out anything.. If I have, please complete the list..

These two years for sure have been eventful, engaging and enlightening.. in more ways than one. Inspite of all the cribbing, it would be unfair not to give it the due credit and importance. Personally, I have learnt a lot, academically and otherwise from this place. I have changed as a person.. in several aspects, I believe for the better. One has to treasure the moments, save it for posterity and move on in life. A lot more things, places, people and challenges lay ahead for us. Here’s wishing that we all get geared up to face challenges, move ahead with confidence and achieve whatever goals we have set out for ourselves.. and more. The whole world is out there, waiting to be served

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kesari..... alot to be missed huh! nice blog..... i will miss all these things too minus afew ofcos. Enjoy your stay at your sister's and wish you all the best! says Doreen.

Kesari said...

Doreen, thanx for the wishes.. Enjoy your vacation before you come back to India..

:) Kesari.

Anonymous said...

dei mappalai neraya nyabagam varutha...Sam...ji ya marunthutta... juz ... i miss all our buddies here...

Kesari said...

Charles, nice to catch you around my blog.. Autograph style thaan.. ha ha :)

I know u will badly miss ur PRIYAmanavale!! anyway life has to move on..

Sundeep Reddy said...

you had just rewinded my whole two years in my college daaa...
keep blogging like it.
wonder can i ever get back to those feelings.

Kesari said...

Good to see you dropping by dude! Now it sure seems like too-long-ago and makes us nostalgic..